Dr. Lawrence has some powerful insight to the conditions for life “In the beginning.” And that is that gravity was weaker and the oxygen concentration was higher because there was a canopy of water that once hovered around our atmosphere. Water, especially the location of water, was the critical element that caused life to thrive before the global flood (Genesis 7-9). His book, “Origins: The Origin of Matter, Space, Time, and Life,” elucidates this hypothesis that is supported by science and the Scriptures. The following is a general summary of a couple of pages in his book:
Evolution requires hundreds of millions of years to have enough time for creatures to allegedly change kinds (evolve). Thus, when evolutionists’ pseudo-science is debunked it is clear that their belief is wrong.
One bit of pseudo-evidence they routinely cite is the many layers of the crust. They’ll explain that the layers deposited over 100,000 to a million years for each layer. And for this reason, the many layers represent hundreds of millions of years.
This is wrong for several reasons:
1. When soil is deposited by the slow natural uniformitarian process, it doesn’t exclusively deposit only sand for 100,000 years, then limestone for the next million years, then mud with biomass for a million years, then mud without biomass for a million years, and so forth. No, all the soil sediment is mixed together. But when we look at the crust of the earth, the soil is in layers and segregated. This proves that the soil was once mixed together in a global flood, and then as the soil settled, it settled according to density and formed layers. We can test this by mixing soil in water and then letting it settle. One hundred percent of the time the soil will settle in layers based on its density. And there were two agents that broke up the static friction to assist the segregation process of the sediment, which were the earthquakes and the ocean tide that swept across the globe unimpeded, twice daily. Those two forces caused liquefaction that further segregated the sediment. Therefore, the layers of the crust is proof positive that the soil came quickly, was mixed together in a global flood, and then settled according to density.
Based on the scientific method, we are able to observe that the Bible’s global flood matches perfectly with the empirical data of the soil in the crust and that the slow deposit hypothesis that evolutionists use (uniformitarian) is incongruous with the observable evidence. Furthermore, we can test that soil settles in water in layers, just as the Biblical Flood caused, and each test testifies against the old age belief required to support evolution.
2. Meteorites usually get burned up in the atmosphere. However, roughly ~50,000 meteorites hit Earth each year. But did you know that meteorites are lacking in the lower layers of the crust. If evolutionary geologists are correct, and each layer is estimated to be 100,000 to a million years old, then there should be ~5 billion meteorites per layer. But since they are lacking, then either no meteorites hit the earth for 100s of millions of years, or the layers of the crust formed quickly from the global flood of Genesis. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that the soil came quickly, and for this reason alone, there is not enough time for macro-evolution.
3. There are no erosion marks between each layer. The layers are uniformly deposited without the usual erosion marks that comes from rain. Thus, either there was no rain on the earth while each layer was slowly being deposited over millions of years, or the layers came quickly from the catastrophic Flood of Genesis and the soil settled in layers according to their density.
And for this reason, the soil was deposited quickly to account for no erosion marks from rain. That is, the Genesis catastrophic Flood.
4. Polystrata petrification and fossilization. There is observable evidence of petrified trees that transcend what evolutionary geologists call millions of years. No tree will wait around for the layers to slowly accumulate. Once the first layer comes, the tree will die and decay to dust before the second layer could finish. Thus, each petrified tree transcending through multiple layers represents that the soil came quickly, not over millions of years. And it’s even worse considering the fragile marine life found transcending through multiple layers. This is proof positive that the layers came quickly from the global flood and settled around the tree or fish.
5. We observe looking at the crust that there are examples of many layers that have bent from tectonic plates colliding. However, the bends in the layers represent that the soil was hot, malleable, and not hard as seen today. This evidence stands against the slow deposit belief because of the lack of cracks in the layers and the visible bending of the layers. This supports the notion that the layers came quickly and settled while being warm from the catastrophic global flood and not cold over millions of years.
Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that the slow deposit hypothesis of evolution’s uniformitarian theory is completely in error, and the Bible’s catastrophic global flood is in perfect harmony with science and best explains the observable evidence.
This is only a general summary of one chapter in his book.